If you are looking for instructions on how to download WhatsApp Android phone, here you are! Below, you will find a guide on the process of downloading and installation of the application to your Android-powered mobile phone in the easiest way.
What is WhatsApp for Android?
WhatsApp is one of the most popular messengers in the world. The application allows you to send messages to your friends instantly and at no cost compared to text messaging. Everything you need for successful connection and communication is to have your friend install this application in his or her mobile phone.
READ ALSO: How to flash Android phone without computer
How to download WhatsApp mobile
There are different versions of the application. One of them is used for computers and the other is installed on the mobile devices. Also, there are diverse ways to install the application on your Android mobile phone.
One of the available options is through Google Play.
- Open the Google Play Store app that you have on your pone and search for the “WhatsApp”
- Tap the very first search result (in most cases, the first search result will be the correct on but you’d better check the spelling of the name carefully)
- Tap the “Install” button and wait until the application is downloaded and installed from the store
- When installed, open the app and follow the setting instructions it provides to configure your personal profile correctly
In most cases, the apps that you download from the Play Store are the latest available version and you will have the access to all the latest features like voice calling and many more.
Now let’s see how to download WhatsApp on mobile without Play Store.
- Open the browser app on your mobile device and search for the “WhatsApp”
- Go to the official WhatsApp website (there’s “whatsapp” in the name of the official website)
- Tap the big green button that’s named “Download Now”
- It may happen that your phone will refuse to install the app. In this case, you will need to go to the “Settings” menu, find “Security” and allow installation from other sources
- The application will download and when finished, simply follow its instructions to configure your personal profile
Even though the app is free, it uses Internet data to send and receive messages. Keep this in mind when using the app. In all other details, the application is super convenient, fast, and nice.
READ ALSO: Best android phones under N20,000 with 2GB RAM