– No fewer than 48 suspected kidnappers, armed robbers and cattle rustlers have been paraded by the Nigerian police in Niger state
– Some of the things recovered from the suspected criminals are guns, fake dollars and 35 exotic cars
– The suspects have reportedly confessed to the police
The Nigeria Police Force, Niger state command, has paraded 48 suspected kidnappers, armed robbers, car snatchers and cattle rustlers arrested with exotic weapons, expensive cars and fake dollars to the tune of N490 million.
The suspects were paraded on Wednesday, March 7, at the Bosso Division of the Nigeria Police, Niger state command by the force public relation officer, CSP Jimoh Moshood.
READ ALSO: APC has borrowed $11trn in 3 years – Melaye
The suspects have reportedly confessed to the various criminal roles they played in the commission of the crime. Investigation is ongoing to arrest other members of the gangs still at large. All suspects would be arraigned in court on completion of investigation.
Items recovered from the suspects are listed below:
- Thirty Five (35) Exotic Cars
- Five (5) AK47 Rifles
- Three (3) Pump Action Guns
- Two (2) Single Barrel Guns
- Three (3) SMG Rifles
- One (1) Revolver Pistol
- Two (2) Locally Made Pistols
- 822 Rounds of AK47 ammunition
- 68 9MM ammunition
- Four (4) Live Cartridges.
- Five (5) Plasma TV Sets
- One (1) Home Theatre Radio
- Seven (7) Vehicle Trackers Demobilizes
- Seven (7) Wrist Watches
- Two (2) Laptops
- Women Wrappers.
- Four (4) Different Vehicle Number Plates
- One (1) Standing Fan
- Huge Sums of suspected fake US Dollars equivalent to about N490 Million
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
NAIJ.com earlier reported that a suspected cult member and pipeline vandal, Temona Alison, who is said to be on the wanted list of the police in Bayelsa state, has been arrested.
Alison, who is in his 20s, was apprehended by the Bayelsa state police command strike force on Sunday, March 4, in his house on Tombia-Ammassoma Road by Boxi water.
See the faces of newly arrested criminals in Lagos state – on NAIJ.com TV