COVID-19: United States halts use of Johnson & Johnson vaccine after blood clot kills 1 ▷ Nigeria news

COVID-19: United States halts use of Johnson & Johnson vaccine after blood clot kills 1 ▷ Nigeria news


– It appears the use of Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine may be suspended in the United States

– This came on the heels of of a woman who died and six people developing a rare blood-clotting disorder after taking the vaccine

– People who experienced side effects are all women between the ages of 18 and 48

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

Six people who developed a rare disorder involving blood clots are the latest cases of the after-effects of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine.

The rare disorder has already left one woman dead and another in critical condition in Nebraska.

Following these rather disturbing developments, U.S federal health agencies on Tuesday, April 13, called for the suspension of the use of the vaccine.

COVID-19: United States calls for pause to Johnson & Johnson vaccine after blood clot kills 1
U.S health agencies are asking states to temporarily halt using Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine after recipients developed blood-clotting disorder.
Photo credit: Alex Gottschalk/DeFodi Images
Source: Getty Images

The healthcare agencies’ recommendation is coming a week after European regulators said they had found a possible link between AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine and a rare blood clotting problem, Reuters reports.

Read also

Shade Ladipo: It is not possible for Prince Philip to rest in peace, the monarchy destroyed generations

According to the report, all six cases involved women between the ages of 18 and 48. The symptoms occurred 6 to 13 days after they took Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine.

NBC News also reports that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in a statement recommended a pause out of caution.

Johnson & Johnson on its part said there has been no clear causal relationship between these cases and the shot made by its Janssen unit.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, Legit.ng reported that Australian health authorities on Sunday, March 7, suspended the use of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine following after-effects of the jab.

The nation’s federal office for safety in healthcare in a statement revealed that two women, who are actually nurses, took the same batch of the vaccine in one clinic.

Read also

Photos emerges of former emir of Kano, Sanusi receiving COVID-19 vaccine

In a related development, the federal government has said it will continue to administer AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines amid reported cases of possible side effects.

This was made known by Dr. Mukhtar Mohammed, national incident manager of Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19 while speaking on Channels Television breakfast show, Sunrise Daily.

According to Dr. Mohammed, documentation has so far shown that AstraZeneca’s jab is safe to use.

Source: Legit.ng



Source link

Comments

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.