Despite all benefits of using the Internet and other digital technologies there are number of teachers and schools administrators in Nigeria that don’t know how to use these facilities effectively. According to Irish Computer Society “Teachers require extensive, on-going exposure to ICTs to be able to evaluate and select the most appropriate resources”
Lord David Puttnam gave a keynote speech on technology and education, and offered the audience this analogy:“If you took a brilliant surgeon from 1913 and placed him in an operating theatre today, there is nothing he could do; nothing he could contribute from his skill base. And yet if you take a teacher from 1913, and pop her into a classroom today, in many, many subjects she could teach what all of us would understand as a lesson”.
The solution to many of these issues is just for teachers to be re-training on ICT regularly with the aim of updating and upgrading their skills.
beyond, computers, smartphones, tablets, iPads, iPhones, and the internet are powerful tools we have in this 21st Century. These facilities are changing and improving everything in our life and nothing is exempted. They can help us to get an outstanding education from far areas and to become smarter and intelligent society.
The overall aim of the program is that teachers become responsible and resilient users of technology, able to make confident and safe use of the web and of other internet-based services, and able to detect and deal with issues when they arise.
The digital skills that teachers need have long moved on from just being able to use word processing and spreadsheets software. Digital skills that 21st Century teachers should have include cloud storage and sharing solutions, google slides, using and editing editing Wikipedia, social media, web editing, image editing, presentation software, and general multimedia. Although, European countries and America are still re-training their teachers on ICT. Nigeria has to imitate to improve quality education and to maintain international standard.
Also, this workshop gives awareness about all opportunities that teachers, graduates, students, job seekers, and NGO directors require for their development and success using ICT to access.
In addition, the workshop will elaborate and give guidance on expanding educational opportunities for everyone irrespective of background in line with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, particularly Goal 4 enhancing quality education. As the FCT Abuja has over 104 embassies which include the United Kingdom, the United States, and the United Arab Emirates. Since the majority of these embassies offer a hundred percent scholarship for all interested and talented people. Thus, we will discuss how and when to apply for these scholarships.
Benefits of Scholarships for any successful candidate:
Remember. This may vary due to some reasons.
- Payment of approved airfare from your Nigeria to your chosen country
- Payment of approved airfare returns from your country of studies to Nigeria $2,500
- Payment of approved Tuition fees $10,500
- Payment of approved Accommodation $7,500
- Supplementation allowances of $6,000 per annum for both Postgraduates and Undergraduates to augment feeding local transport, maintenance, equipment/books;
- Warm clothing allowances for all scholars @ $250 per annum;
- Health Insurance for all scholars @ $200 per annum;
- Take-off grant for all Postgraduate scholars @ N100,000.00 once before departure;
- Take-off grant for all Undergraduate scholars @ N60,000.00 once before departure;
- Postgraduates’ research grant of $1,000 per annum;
- Medical allowance of $500 per annum for scholars of General Medicine; and
1. Noticing the Federal Government Bilateral Scholarship
2. Networking with professionals who studied in Europe.
3. Opportunity to know how to access funding from several Embassies
4. Exploring how to optimize the use of ICT to improve reading skills
5. Discovering techniques to improve student’s vocabulary
6. Inculcating personal creative skills
7. Opportunity to study in Japan, Russia, Algeria, Cuba, Mexico, Romania, South Korea, Turkey, Ukraine, Hungary, China, Algeria, Serbia, Egypt, Morocco, and Germany with free Scholarship.
8. Getting Mentorship and motivation from former scholarship winners who studied in Europe, Asia, and America.
Remember: You must contact: [email protected] before registration if you are not a teacher.
Please and please don’t register until you are certain that you will surely participate!
Cost: The workshop lectures and training are free.
THE WORKSHOP ROUTINE
Introduction to ICT
Application of ICT in education
Talk on why ICT
How ICT affects teaching and learning
Accessing outstanding online educational resources
Using ICT to upgrade your understanding of your discipline
Role of the educator and its confidence and motivation
Introduction/Use of ICTs in any discipline
Educators’ information storage how ICTs are used
ICT tools for information storage
Cloud Computing/Creating your storage on the internet
Practical exercises in identifying benefits and ways of using ICT for storing records
Use of ICT for information dissemination
ICT tools for disseminating information
Practical demonstration on creating an animated slideshow
Social media: Quora, Facebook, Blogs, Websites, Forums, and others
Connecting with the professors and talented individual across the world
Distributions of scholarship form for Undergraduate, Master’s Degree and PhD
Summary and course evaluation and group picture