– Governor David Umahi says he knows those attacking security operatives and their facilities in the southeast
– Umahi who also doubles as the chairman of the Southeast Governors Forum says those responsible for the attacks are Igbo youths
– Governor Umahi had earlier declared that the security operatives in the region shoot-at-sight their attackers
Abakaliki – Ebonyi state governor, Engr. David Umahi, believes those responsible for the rising security challenges in the southeast are Igbo youths.
The governor made the comment when he was interviewed virtually by Channels Television on Tuesday, June 1.
The governor lamented that indigenes of the region, especially the young people who should protect the interest of the southeast as future leaders were the ones carrying out the attacks.
“Let our people come out to speak out that the unknown gunmen are not really unknown gunmen, they are our young men and women who will defend our land tomorrow; they should stop giving themselves to be killed.”
Governor Umahi had earlier ordered the Nigeria Police Force, and other security agencies in the southeast to shoot anyone or group of persons that try to attack them or destroy their facilities in the region.
The governor gave the charge in Abakaliki while receiving the visiting Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) in charge of the southeast zone, DIG Joseph Egbunike.
Governor Umahi who doubles as the chairman of the Southeast Governors Forum stated that the move is important so security operatives can protect themselves and their facilities in the region.
Meanwhile, the Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) has advised northerners to avoid travelling to the southeast for now in view of the prevailing security situation in the region.
The ACF advised those embarking on essential trips to the region should employ the services of security agents to protect them.
The advice was contained in a statement issued by the national chairman of ACF, Chief Audu Ogbeh, on Monday, May 31.
Source: Legit Nigeria